Tuesday, October 7, 2008

i am going back....

next weekend. my roommate lisa and i have been obsessing over it for a couple weeks now and on friday...we bought our tickets. i havent been back since i left last october. to be honest...nyc was not on my "must go-to-vaca-spots" after i left, and i thought i would NEVER venture back to the city. i definitely left with an awful taste in my mouth. but now i am in a brand new chapter in my life, able to put the last few years up on a shelf and leave it there. i am now ready to go back to the place where i once thought i couldnt get away from fast enough. i think it will be cleansing experience now that i am ready to face the city again. i no longer feel defeated by it, but rather feel like it will cleanse me. my life has changed tremendously in the past year - all for the better. i am so grateful for the people in my life now, for all the friends and family that have helped me on my journey back to ME. nyc - here i come....and couldnt be more excited. :)

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

how fun! you lucky traveling girl! have a good time.

KTprice said...

oh im so glad youre doing it! i wish i had a boss as cool as yours to let me go with you...

L said...

So fun Erin!!! What a fun trip!!!

scott and linds said...

YEAY!!! you best be calling girl! The city still loves you.. as do I. You were pretty awesome before, so I can only imagine what your NEW self is like! You're one amazing lady, lady!! xx

laceyjo said...

I'm so excited for you!! It will feel so refreshing to be able to start a new. xoxo

maeveinthecity said...

go erin!

remi said...

you're crazy. I'm jealous.

sarah marie. said...

when are you going? brian and i will be there the 17th through the 21st.

pequeno said...

watch out NYC! If you go to canal street buy a bag for me...please! Love ya

Kim said...

jealous, jealous kim....perfect time of year to visit the City! Give my regards to Mama Mexico...YUM.

Ben and Cynda said...

I can't wait for you to come out here!!!

Miriam said...

You go girl! You are amazing.

Whitney or Kevin said...

THAT'S GREAT THAT YOU'RE GOING BACK ERIN. WE LEFT WITH THE SAME FEELING AND NOW ARE READY TO RETURN ONCE AGAIN. AS LONG AS WE ARE VACATIONING AND WINDOW SHOPPING AND NOT LIVING IN A SWEATY BROWNSTONE WITH 12 OTHER PEOPLE AND WORKING FOR MINIMUM WAGE AND TAKING THE SUBWAY IN 100 DEGREE WEATHER. WE WILL GO BACK AND STAY AT THE SOHO GRANDE AND TAKE TAXIS EVERYWHERE WE GO AND EAT AT ALL THE GREAT PLACES. AND A STOP BY ALICES TEA CUP AND THE MET ARE A MUST.